Sunday, April 15, 2012

CD or DVD Sleeve, Printable Template

 So I was searching today for a printable template for a cd sleeve, and I could not find what I was looking for, so I decided that I would just make one up.  I think it turned out pretty good, and wasn't too painful to make either.



First open this file CD Sleeve Template-1, you can either download or hit Control + P to print, make sure that you are clicked on "actual size" before you print.

Next, if you want to have the Title and Date with ruled lines on the back of your sleeve, re-load your printed paper back into your printer, so it will print on the back side and with the flap end going in first.  Then print this file CD Sleeve Template-2
(if it prints on the first side, it's no big deal, I just like to flip it, so that my lines where I fold and cut will not be showing from the outside of the sleeve)

Cut out your template (oh, due to the margins, I could not get the lines to go all the way to the bottom of my page when printing, you will cut it all the way to the edge here), fold on the dashed lines, use a glue stick to adhere the side tabs, and then using a utility knife and a cutting board carefully cut along the lines for the little tab on the front to keep your flap closed.  And there you go, have fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment