Sunday, April 15, 2012

Cake Mix Cookie

So tomorrow we are having an open house at work, and we are each supposed to bring in a dozen cookies or bars.  Unfortunately this weekend has been extremely busy for me, but rather than buy cookies at the grocery store, I resorted to my Mom's cake mix cookie recipe, I really don't know where she got it from, but I got it from her, and it is completely the easiest cookie recipe I have ever used, you can use any flavor of cake mix, and always turns out great.  I usually use white or chocolate cake mix, but tonight I used the lemon flavor, my daughter keeps sneaking them off the plate, I may have to go to the grocery store after all.  :)


  • 1 box cake mix (any flavor)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 cup cooking oil
  • 1/4 cup flour (may need to add more depending on how big the egg is, should be able to roll in your hands)
In Mixing Bowl, combine 1st four ingredients and mix well, add flour and mix well.  Spool a small amount and roll into a ball, dip into sugar and place onto cookie sheet.  If you want, you can dip the bottom of a glass and flatten the cookies.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

Makes about 2 dozen cookies



No comments:

Post a Comment